The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics support and extend the missions of UW-Oshkosh by shaping an environment that promotes excellence in student achievement, academic success and personal growth; and identifies and communicates the needs and concerns of student-athletes to the University community and beyond. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to providing an equitable multi-sport athletic program for male and female students.
We envision a culture where student-athletes are proud of UW-Oshkosh and have positive personal, social and civic values that foster academic and athletic success.
Departmental Core Values
• We believe the promotion and enhancement of student learning and personal development is the primary purpose of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• We believe student learning and personal development includes the development of intellectual, emotional, social, physical, spiritual and ethical capacities.
• We value a diversity of people and culture and believe a diversity of ideas and values should be promoted and sustained in our campus community.
• We value collaboration and partnership with students, each other, and with all segments of the University and larger Oshkosh community.
• We have a high regard and high expectations for all individuals associated with intercollegiate athletics at all times.
• We expect that they conduct themselves ethically, with dignity and honesty, and in accordance with all institutional, conference, NCAA and other appropriate rules and regulations.
• We value providing a clean, safe, attractive, and accessible campus environment to ensure the health and welfare of our student-athletes.
• We believe that all work is valuable, all work has dignity and all workers deserve respect.
University Learning Outcomes
• Subject matter mastery in a major